"The Light Within" glows brightly in the foyer of the Korean Arts Theater.
This is more my style. I love flowers (Thank you, Mom) and I love rocks (Thank you, Dad).
A new school was built behind our apartment shortly after we arrived in Korea. They planted trees and put picnic tables under them. The consertina wire from before still protects either them or us from each other. You will notice on the roof covering the picnic table a few little sprouts bravely growing from a tiny patch of soil and leaves.
You remember the fruit that looks like cantalope on the outside, but green on the inside? This fruit stand is offering slices of juicy green fruit and slices of sweet pineapple on wooden skewers.
Korea is very much into "well being." "Cool Vitamin Donuts" are my kind of healthy snack.
I am not so sure about the birds, but I am really not so sure about the bugs.
And the special of the day... Barbecued "Fork."
Pane Pasta anyone? This is a TGIFriday's special.
The restaurant is inside, but the barbecuing is done just outside. The smell entices you to stop and eat.
I am enticed. Now if I could just figure out how to tell them what I want to eat.
This is a fairly new bill here in Korea. It is the equivalent of about $50 American.
Yep, Elder Biesinger is the proud owner of one. But Sister Biesinger will make sure his ownership is short lived.
Elder Beck looks on as Elder Roper and Elder Meek smile for the camera.
We pass this beautiful lily on our way to the office.
6 comments:
Wow, some beautiful sights. Especially the food. :D
Isn't it amazing how my blog ALWAYS comes back to food?
Hey, you already have a new blog and I haven't even had the chance to check out your last one. I LOVE the new background. It was also a really interesting blog. I thought you said nothing exciting has been happening lately. It's so fun to see people I recognize in the pics. Where are the pics of you and dad? BTW, when are you going to put up that pic I took of you holding the plug in the wall so dad could shave? :) It's too bad you can't comment on individual pictures. By the time I get to the end of the blog, I've forgotten what I thought about all of your pictures and comments. So, I realize this comment is very long, but it's been a while since I'd commented so I thought I better make it a good one. :) Ciao ciao.
I agree with SBIESI about commenting on individual pictures, but since I have my own blog I know how time-consuming it would be to add each one individually in its own post. They should redesign blogger so you can comment on any picture regardless of where it is in the blog.
So I loved the bad English stuff. That is just fun. :D I think you should go into the birds and bugs place and at least take a picture of the menu!
I'm glad that the mosquito net is useful, but sad that it traps all of your body heat and all the other heat.
That mosquito net reminds me of when I was in Nam. When you didn't know if you were sweating from the heat or from the fear of death. Those were the days.
Dear Susan & Clyde,
Well, I may have missed a blog entry or two, but I shall start here. Well, we are back from stomping all over Moscow & St. Pete. And I do mean stomping or riding the subway. My tootsies were sore each day. The sights were great--Russians do very large statues, memorials, buildings, museums, churches--I guess much like Europe except more stuff for the Motherland and Communist heroes. I think the cities were pretty clean for their size and we got around pretty well after figuring out the subways--kind of--picking up a bit of Russian and getting use to no, NO street signs. Anyway, someone had to pay for these enormous structures and the gilt & gold of the churches. It is all amazing, but I fear it fell on the back of the little people. The Hermitage is the Russian version of the Louvre and it took us two days and we even skipped the Mongol stuff. Beautiful, beautiful art work--French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian,etc. Some great smaller museums as well and then the Gulag Museum--you cannot believe how many political work camps there were. Anyway, I shall try to send some pictures sometime. Church was terrific--5 little branches in Moscow. We went to an English branch and then the 2nd Sunday was a District Conference--very touching. They want a temple very badly, but the mission president said they need a stake first and to make their temple in themselves and their homes first and the rest will come. I feel like such a glutton with 4 temples within 20 min. of my front door. Love the flowers in Korea--Russian has the same ones as us which somehow amazed me. I shall try a regular letter with more in time. Love, H.
Post a Comment