I'm not asleep... but that doesn't mean I'm awake.
~Author Unknown

The amount of sleep required by the average person is five minutes more.
~Wilson Mizener

Riding the bus is never so fun as when there are children on board.
We had so much fun with these little children.
See his cute little hands forming a heart. It is a modern Korean custom.
I took a bit to get this cutie warmed up, but he was a real showman. Koreans love to make the "V" with their fingers when their picture is taken.

Sometimes our missionaries ride their bikes to their appointments. ^_^

Elder Jho is very talented as you can see from his artwork.

What do you think? Parking for "Girls Only?"

Or maybe for ballerinas, or pink rockets, or pink bells?

My date with the tinman!

This is a common sight near Gwanghwamun which was the seat of power for hundreds of years and is still very near the Blue House. Also, it is about as downtown as you can get in Seoul. Fortunately, or unfortunately, we live just a few blocks away.

I couldn't remember if I had blogged this photo or not. I just think it is cool to see these rugged military men carrying pink bags. Korean men are NOT afraid of color.

This building is much higher than it looks, and I did not see a security rope on this man as he was lowering a cord or something to men below. YIKES! They must not be afraid of heights either.

I am pretty sure this shop is selling, hmmm, COcoa and sandWICHes thus the name Co+W!ch. I am not sure why the "i" is upside down, maybe to give it emphasis "!" Just after I shot this picture, the man inside came out and invited us in, but we couldn't stop.

This is Dad favorite shop. We still have not figured out exactly what they sell, food, exercise equipment, or china.

This is how one carries a watermelon in Korea. BTW, Dad "wrapped" his own!!!!!!!!!!

This might look a bit strange, to be cutting food with scissors, but if you think about it, it is a great idea. If you are having trouble eating your long noodles, just ask for a pair of scissors. Your waitress will have a pair handy for you to cut your noodles for easier eating.

Yes, Elder Jenson is cuttin the grilled pork for all to enjoy.

It is very delicious, by the way!

I love the sentiment on this door. I think I will eat a cupcake now, not alone, but together!!!

This man is actually from China. But his hat caught my attention. This particular day, I was coveting his paper hat. The very wide, baby pink, wide brimed hat would be just thing for a hot, sunny day in Seoul. This style of sun visor is VERY popular here.
I just love this clip. These are our very wonderful Sister missionaries singing at a special Sisters Conference.

I have instructed my children that one of them should name their next child "Acacia." Well, here it is. The Acacia tree in full bloom. Its aroma is divine. This tree kind of reminds me of the "Tree of Life" in the Book of Mormon.
10 comments:
I am not sure if you are kidding or not, but I would have to guess that the parking spaces are for pregnant girls. I did not get much sleep last night, so don't take offense if you were kidding. I love your new blog background, it is adorable!
I can't wait until I am able to come and see some of these things for myself!!!!
Liebe Elder und Sister Biesinger, ich geniesse es immerwieder euren Blog zu sehen & zu lesen was ihr neues entdeckt habt.
I love how relaxing it can be if you just fall asleep on the train. In Berlin they needed to take lots of trains out of order because they were broken and then you could fall asleep while standing in the morning on the way to work!!! :) Are you relaxing like that too?
No matter where in the world children are the best and the cutest :)!!!
The "walk a bikes" for the Elders are fun. We should get them in Berlin, Germany too. Then they would be on time for appointments :).
Elder Jho does a very good job. Some are talented in drawing, some in singing. Great that people have they skills and do the best with it.
We also have "women parking spaces". They are bigger so if you need more room to load out your stroller and kids nobody hits them. But I can also see ballerinas park dancing in there.
I love the "tin man". Since I went to Stuttgart with Tasha and saw "W I C K E D" in German, I know where the tin man comes from. I am glad he came to visit you Sister Biesinger in Korea.
Pink bags, pink seems to be the color of the summer and it is followed by purple for the autum. Fesh military men!!!
I know, Elder Biesinger went into the Body Shape Plate and got the melon out of there because it is a Body Shape Melon Shop!!! Good exercising Elder Biesinger.
Scissors are so parktisch!!! I am thankful for the person who invented them.
Did you find someone who will name their child "Acacia"? Let me know...
Alles Liebe, eure tine#
Wow, two comments before me! So since I don't wear pink dresses I don't think I can park in those parking spots. I also find it interesting that Koreans associate pink with women anyway, since I see more men with pink in your pictures than women!
Tine, what is Fesh? and did you mean praktisch? I
Way to go with the watermelon, dad! I don't know that I could have wrapped it up like that!
Jackie says "Dibs on Acacia"....no this is not an announcement
Are you ever accosted or reprimanded for taking someone's picture?
Elder Biesinger, are you losing weight?
The next time you have a sister's conference, please let me know. My camera was sitting on my desk and was feeling left out.
Thank you, Niesha!!!!!!!!!!!
You did a swell job on the spikey fruit identification. For all of you bloggers that are curious about the mystery fruit between the pineapple and the peaches, please refer to Adventure blog.
Niesha, you are awesome!
Q-dawg,
In answer to your question-Are you ever accosted or reprimanded for taking someone's picture?
~Only if they catch me! I am amazingly skilled at taking candid pictures, as you can see. I own a pair of glasses that have a hidden camera lens in the frame. In my pocket is a trigger for actually taking the pictures. All I have to do is look at the "picture" that I want and then press the trigger. Cool, huh?
Dear Clyde & Susan,
I cannot believe the pictures you guys come up with; it is a good reminder to me to shoot not just the big things but the everyday that one remembers.
This week is the last week of our mission. Yesterday I spent hanging about a dozen pictures in this gal's room. She gashed her leg open and can't do it. Have been busy with another gal who had to go into a rehab facility because she kept falling her apartment--also took another gal up to the U. for an MRI. She has dementia or something. This is what we do.
I shall miss the mission and always worry and wonder about the people. The gal who fell I will keep in touch with. This has all opened my eyes to a lot of things, among which is that I am not as giving as I thought I was. Still much to work on. We all need to do more. Anyway, we leave on our trip Monday and today and tomorrow I am at a Fam. Hist. seminar which is already overwhelming and I go for more tomorrow!! All these things stretch us, I guess. Barry is even now up at a Scout overnight thing. Off we go; I think of you both often. Such a great work; it brings tears to my eyes to know that my friends are out there doing the work. Take care, Love, Holly
Post a Comment