Thursday, June 25, 2009

Flower Warehouse

Here are a few photos of Springtime in Seoul on our way to the "Flower Warehouse."
Flowers brighten our office landscape for a few weeks in the Spring.





This is Severance Hospital. The next two pictures are of some of its beautiful landscapes.






Now, on to the Flower Warehouse.


These are adorable heart-shaped cacti.


These are not so adorable, but are amazingly awesome cacti. You won't find these for sale at Walmart.

I think I have seen these in the United States.
Aren't they so cute.

But I don't think that I have seen these in the United States. These little "pots" are insect lures. Cool plant!



Do you recognize this fruit?

How cool is this? These orchids grow without soil.

'Tis my faith that every flower enjoys the air it breathes!
~William Wordsworth
Notice the two colors of blooms on this plant. We also saw a small tree with the same blossoms. I was told that this is a natural phenomenon.

Daisies for Daisy.

Have you ever seen a flower down

Sometimes angels skip around

And in their blissful state of glee

Bump into a daisy or sweet pea.

~Jessi Lane Adams


The poet's darling.
~William Wordsworth, "To the Daisy"


Lilies for Lily.

Where flowers bloom so does hope.
- Lady Bird Johnson

When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other.

~Chinese Proverb


Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul.
~The Koran


It is at the edge of a petal that love waits.
- William Carlos Williams

Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into.
~Henry Beecher

Little flower, but if I could understand, what you are, root and all in all, I should know what God and man is.
- Tennyson

The flower offered of itself

And eloquently spoke

Of Gods

In languages of rainbows

Perfumes

And secret silence...

~Phillip Pulfrey



In joy or sadness, flowers are our constant friends.
- Kozuko Okakura


I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.
~Claude Monet


All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today.
- Indian Proverb

If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom.
~Audra Foveo

What a desolate place would be a world without a flower! It would be a face without a smile, a feast without a welcome. Are not flowers the stars of the earth, and are not our starts the flowers of the heaven.
- A.J. Balfour


In the hope of reaching the moon men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet.

- Albert Schweitzer

He who is born with a silver spoon in his mouth is generally considered a fortunate person, but his good fortune is small compared to that of the happy mortal who enters this world with a passion for flowers in his soul.
- Celia Thaxter


Earth laughs in flowers.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Perfumes are the feelings of flowers.
~Heinrich Heine



4 comments:

SBIESI said...

Oh man! I wish that Elder Knudsen had told us about the garden sooner. I would have loved to see it in person. By the way, did Sister Knudsen ever email her recipes? Ciao ciao!

Lazarus said...

Were those mandarine oranges? I thought those only grew in China.

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan & Clyde,
That was just gorgeous--wow! Susan, you could make a little money on the side, commentating on picture books. Great stuff.

Love, Holly

tberculosis said...

WOW!! Those were some awesome flowers! But I have to say, I enjoyed the flower/quote combination much more than if it had been just the flowers. That was really awesome, so THANKS for sharing! Love you both!