Kool Korea
Part 4
Shopping!
If you study this picture carefully, you will see that the floors spiral up and up. You can keep walking in one direction and you will go from the bottom floor to the top. (Or back down.)
This very cool shopping "mall" is in the famous Insadong.
Traditional Korean flutes are the instruments being played by this musical group. They just appeared on the corner of the street. I should have done a video clip. The sound was great.
Cute hanbok!! Can you read the label.
Korean Folk Dress
FLTS ALL 16" KIDS
Has anyone seen one of those tiny kids lately?
Our next stop is Yongsan which is the main technological center in Seoul.
This is just one floor of many in a huge building which is one of many.
Yes, this is where I bought my mp3. (It's okay. I listen to conference on my way to the office and back.)
I REALLY wanted one of these adorable printers. (You can't find them in the U.S.) But, alas, it wasn't to be.
I know! I know! You have seen tie shops before, but this lady was just so nice. And her ties are awesome.
Well, I really wanted a Traditional Korean jacket. I bought one, but the arms were way too long. But that was okay, because this old women was just waiting at her sewing machine for someone to bring her a job to do. She cleared away her bowl and chopsticks from the sewing machine table and started working on my sleeves. She gestured for us to leave, so we did. An hour later, when we returned, the jacket was done. She did a great job. Elder Biesinger went back to get his white shirts mended. She wasn't there, but he found another old women to do the job.
Speaking of old women, these old women can be seen on stairs, curbs, sidewalks, etc., selling herbs, grains, and countless numbers of unidentifiable goods.
We found this restaurant in Itaewon. We took a picture for you, Tine!
Notice, we have been very successful in our shopping.
7 comments:
Thanks for including that pic of "Codi" toilet paper. I totally forgot to send that to him. I love that it! Thanks for the fun blog.
I think Niesha and/or her kids would flt into that dress.
Wow everything is so unique and different--that's why it is good to travel, to appreciate what we have and appreciated what other countries have as well. Scott's wife Brittany had a 10 lb. 4 oz. baby boy on June 15 so I have been busy with that and the mission--Grady Michael. Sleeps six hours at night; what a great baby for #3!!! Becky is in Macedonia building a house with her husband (and others) for Habitat for Humanity. We all go to Yellowstone together--that ought to be interesting--end of July. Love, Holly
Thanks, Quinn! I was actually thinking, "That wouldn't have been too bad a fit for Hannah when she was first born."
Mom and Dad- Awesome blog. We enjoy it so much and really love learning a little bit about Korea. (We still talk about the moving squid(?) EVERY time we read your blog or talk about your mission :)
Great pictures Mom and Dad. We love looking at them and talking about your experiences.
I'm always amazed about how clean the streets and stuff are! Also, I love how much more trusting people are (you just leave your clothes and they don't run off with them!). Love the pictures!!!
I love Hard Rock Café & thanks for the picture. The one in Dubai closed a while ago :(.
I enjoy your pics and the stories behind them. Thank you for sharing them.
Post a Comment