Kool Korea
Part Three
One of my favorite topics is...
FOOD!
Check out some of the interesting items on this menu. The evening was cool and dark as we were sitting at a patio table lit only by a table candle and lots of tiny lights adorning the shrubbery. "I would like some Squid Ink Spaghetti, please."
I don't have any idea what these might be. Anyone have any ideas? They must be popular. There were many shops all along this street.
These little piggies went to market!
"No, Sister Biesinger! This is not a "pet" store." :(
On Sports Day, the missionaries were treated with a barbecued pig. The treats on top are coils of intestine filled with clear noodles and pork blood. YUMMY! The missionaries ate eveything except for the plate that Sister Min saved for Elder Biesinger who had to run an errand and was late for lunch.
You can buy fresh fried Silkworm pupa......
...or canned Silkworm Pupa!
Just so you know, good old American food is available here. These little shops are located just outside the "Blue Market." They are more fun than "Where's Waldo?"
Oh, yes! Pocari Sweat is very popular. You can find it in many subways. It's just the thing for those hot, hot days.
Children are even more exciting than food, don't you think!
Aren't they cute? Dozens of school groups can be seen at parks and sights around Korea. It is so fun when they decide to use their English on us. "Hello!" "How are you?" "What is your name?" We are only too happy to answer their questions.
These groups of children are so neat and orderly. How impressive, the way they carefully line up their backpacks. Their mothers must be proud!
Whoa! Missionaries need to learn a lesson from these small children. Not neat, not orderly. Their mothers must be......smiling!?! We all did!
This little trike is a great invention. The children think they are so big as they ride around the park.
.JPG)
Notice the parent handle in the back. Tiny legs get a break from pedaling, and parents can make sure their child keeps going, and going in the right direction.
.JPG)
The fire escape on this school is too fun to just look at. I think they should excuse class at the top, and parents could catch their toddlers at the bottom. Why wait for a fire!
These parents tried and tried to get their adorable baby to bow for us. Like babies around the world, he waited until his audience was gone and then bowed and bowed.
Notice the parent handle in the back. Tiny legs get a break from pedaling, and parents can make sure their child keeps going, and going in the right direction.
The fire escape on this school is too fun to just look at. I think they should excuse class at the top, and parents could catch their toddlers at the bottom. Why wait for a fire!
This bucket swing looks like a ton of fun. Seatbelts and helmets might be a good idea. Hang on, kiddies!
9 comments:
I can't be much help in identifying your display case items, but perhaps you can ask THEinheritor. He/she served something that looked very similar to that the last time I was there.
What is a Pocari? and Do they milk the sweat from their sweat glands or do they collect it as it drips off? How do they change the flavor of the sweat?
I'm so glad you are using some of my pictures. It's so fun to look back through these. I've almost forgotten I was ever even there. :(
I think dad and I decided those were cattle head of some sort. ???
:) :) :) :) :)
Wow. I am glad I didn't go to Korea. I don't think I could handle most of the food there! I'll hang with dad and eat spaghetti while you go and 'enjoy'! :P
The kid pictures were great! :D Very fun!
What a lot of great pictures--I saw Kool Korea 2 as well. We have just been swamped here so I am playing catch up. The spaghetti dishes are very reminiscient of SE Asia--spaghetti has become quite the thing and heaven knows, they are putting anything and everything on it. We are also waiting for Brittany to have her baby--Scott's wife. This is driving me crazy. I owe you guys a long letter. Love, Holly
I keep finding typos. Won't someone please tell me. It is so-o embarrassing.
Great comments, by the way! You are all awesome!
I'm waiting for that long letter, Holly!!!
I was enjoying your blog very much while bouncing a fussy Hannah on my lap. She had just drifted off (after much resistance and in spite of a pesky mosquito) when I clicked on the kids playing on the swing. Fortunately, she is used to a lot of kid noise, so after an initial startle, she settled back to sleep!
Thanks for sharing about the food. That community water cup is an awesome idea. Maybe they will start replacing drinking fountains over here :)
So that is what those slides are for. We drive past a building with a slide like that on the outside, only their slide goes back into the building. They must not know what they are doing? I am sorry, but I don't recall ever inviting any type of dawg into my house to eat. He must be confusing me for someone else!
Post a Comment