Thursday, January 21, 2010

Very Interesting!

Now that the snow has melted from the streets and sidewalks, it is time to remove the giant snow mountains that were built behind schools, etc. We saw about six of these huge trucks going down the street together one morning.




I wish I had seen these shoes and socks in time for my "Shoe Blog." They were in the pew just to the right of us at church. This photo does not do them justice. The shoes are a very flashy gold, and the socks a very bright pink. All in all, a very eye catching combo. (It is hard to get a good shot when you are trying to be discreet.




The Public Affairs Missionaries have arranged to have this MormonAd put in several of the subways. We bumped into this one on our way to church.





We went to the "Good Morning Market" last week. You can barely see the grocery carts on the left of the photo. A one hundred won coin releases your cart and is returned to you when the cart is put back. On the right is a stack of orange grocery baskets. In between, standing proudly, is a... roll of toilet paper(?) accompanied by some hand sanitizer. I understand the hand sanitizer, but...toilet paper?



We saw this cool Automatic Hand Sanitizer in one of the subways. sanitizer is found just about everywhere. Can you read the instructions on the sign? They are in English and Korean.



I could be wrong, but don't these look like giant aloe "leaves?" Yummy!



I was just so excited about all the fruits and vegetables that we were buying, I had to take a picture. They were very expensive, but worth every penny. Well, at least to me. Can you see the lettuce, broccoli, Korean pears, strawberries, onion!, cherry tomatoes, bananas, and apples?




Elder Knudsen will "Stand a Little Taller" as he removes tape left over from Christmas decorating in our chapel.



This amazing man vacuumed the entire chapel after cleaning two men's rooms. You should see what a great job he does in our apartment.



Cool plant! It lives in one of the foyers of our meeting house.


This is what happens when you are making friends with the children of new converts. (And he never quit smiling.) Elder Noh is a great missionary.




Sister Lee (pronounced "Ee") is such a great missionary. We will miss her as she is going home.



This next picture is not for the faint of heart. This woman is receiving acupuncture for pain. A sister in the ward is treating her for free. Elder Goff had back surgery a few months ago. After about ten treatments of acupuncture, he is now pain free. (His acupuncturist is blind!)



Don casa (breaded pork cutlet) is one of Elder Biesinger's favorite meals. This one is stuffed with cheese. The real reason for including this photo is not just because Elder Biesinger is so cute, but also to point out the item just over his right shoulder.



Yep! A roll of toilet paper. I can't figure out why. The post office has special dispensers for holding rolls of toilet paper at the counter where people prepare packages, etc. I have decided they use toilet paper instead of paper towels for drying hands, etc. This is just another public service.

We stopped at the bank with our new Sister missionary to get her account set up. While we were waiting, I noticed these reading glasses. Just in case you forgot to bring yours, there were three pair with different strengths for your reading pleasure. The one on the left was a better fit for me than my own glasses. Go figure!








This bank also provided a snack for while you were waiting. They were so good, I had two cups full.




Well, while we are on food... We found this taco restaurant nearby our office. The atmosphere is awesome and warm even though outside it is cold and colder. The food was very close to American and very tasty. This is a good findl




This is our office filled with Grandma and Grandpa hugs. We love all the pictures, notes, poems, and special creations we have received over the months from our awesome grandchildren. Thank you all so much.






5 comments:

tberculosis said...

I can't read the instructions on the hand sanitizer in the subway. :( What does it say????

That is a really cool plant...I wonder how long it took for them to grow it that way?

So are you now converted to acupuncture?

What is over dad's shoulder at that restaurant??? :(

Do they have sanitizer for the glasses?????? :D

Great post btw! :D

Niesha said...

LOL! I was going to say, "Wow, why does he come to vacuum for you?" Then I realized that it was Dad doing all that work.
The kids loved seeing the gloves hanging in your office.
And, could you please send Corissa a pair of those gold shoes?

Just kidding...

Biesinger Bunch said...

tberculosis,

Since you asked,

"SFC has installed ethanol alcohol hand sanitizer to prevent influenza A (H1N1) infection. The ethanol alcohol will be sprayed automatically in 2 seconds after you put your hands inside the sanitizer. Following the spray, please rub your hands together for 5 seconds until the alcohol evaporates."

Now wasn't that so worth knowing?

Also, I don't know.
Definitely not.
Did you look at the next picture?
Good question. I won't be using those glasses again!

Love your comment!

Niesha,

What size? Just kidding...

Jackie and Zy said...

Hey Mom and Dad,

We love reading all about your time as missionaries and looking at the pictures. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Barry and I just got back from Oregon for about the last week--needed to see the brothers and my niece who just had surgery. Thought about our several trips. It was a good trip, and my niece is doing very well. Once again, your pictures are the best. You eat all that fruit; it is good for you. Yeah, they just ran out of paper towels and tp is cheaper. Love, Holly