"In the lane, snow is glistening. A beautiful sight,
we're happy tonight!..."
said a very famous, well read, amazing person. And now, for a Korean holiday.
Lights are essential for a Christmas season. Good Ol' St. Nick and his reindeer fly over the roof of this bookstore.
Thousands of lights cover the walls of this building, not to mention the trees.
This very nice hotel looks like a fairy tale.
Hey, Rudolf must be on break. Look at the horns on these guys. Elder Biesinger and I were at the bank. He was doing some banking while I was admiring the tree. One of the guards came over and asked if he could take my picture.
Of course, no holiday is complete without a little snow. Someone did a lot of work just gathering enough snow for this snowman. We pass through this plaza every morning on our way to the office. This looked like just a pile of snow until we got closer.
This amazing Korean head did become a small pile of snow by the time we were on our way back home.
"Look, at those crazy Americans taking pictures of the decorations in the bus. You'd think they'd never seen a decorated bus before."
Actually, this was a first, but not a last. When we climbed on a bus on Christmas Day, in addition to the decorations, we saw Santa driving the bus.The Office Elders, earlier, had seen Santa wearing... not a red suit, but a blue one and a green one, and a purple one.

Christmas is not complete without a party. We got a wonderful turkey dinner with ALL the trimmings from the Military Base, but.....

Christmas is not complete without a party. We got a wonderful turkey dinner with ALL the trimmings from the Military Base, but.....
...nine turkeys and hams had to be sliced. I went in the kitchen to begin and look who followed me in. We were ready to eat in no time. (I am the one in red.)
but going for more.
Five districts prepared five skits and ten or so talent numbers.
Yes, it sounded really great. He sounded even better when he played right side up.
The skits consisted of musicals, dramas, and unclassified genre. All of them were very entertaining and displayed a LOT of talent. Oh, for a movie camera.
Always, we take pictures (except when we forget our camera.) This is one of our proselyting couples, Sister Reeve, and Sister Min and Sister Me.
On Christmas Eve, these sweet Sisters came into the office to give me this cute little bear cake. It was so nice of them. Shortly after that, four Elders came bouncing into the office and sang a Christmas Carol to me in Korean, of course. They sang parts and obligato. It was very beautiful.

This is really our Christmas "tree" on top of, yes, our television. ^^
Elder Thacker just knows how to make me smile.
Elder Choi is trying to walk off with the "Jelly Bellys!!!"
Sister Irvine's mother brought them from the U.S. for us to SHARE.
He has a great tie, don't you think?
Koreans are not afraid to wear color, prints, or styles.
(Notice Elder Biesinger's picture on the Alien card in Elder Choi's right hand.)

12 comments:
Thank you for sharing some of your Christmas experience with us. It looks like you had a good time.
I have to say- the head on top of the pile of snow is a very tempting target for a snowball or a foot. I admire your restraint.
Happy Holidays to you too. Glad you got some fun goodies. The Koreans know how to decorate--obviously. Would someone tell Quinn to get a new picture!!! Guess I should even get one but that is beyond my scope.
Happy New Year!!
Love, Holly
That's a pretty amazing Christmas tree! How'd you get a permit to chop that one down? Aren't the logging restrictions in Seoul kind of strict?
I guess I'm just bored now.
Who the devil is Quinn?
I am assuming (yes, I know what that does) that Holly Bell (whoever that is--you can't really tell because of the cryptic blogger handle) assumes (does Holly Bell know what that does)that I am Quinn (whoever that is) because my blogger handle begins with a 'Q', so I feel obligated to respond to the comment about my photo, assuming that it is my photo toward which the comment was aimed.
I feel terrible that the photo associated with my blogger id has caused some consternation. It is actually the nose belonging a fond junior relative of mine and it makes me smile every time I see it. However, in my kind heart I cannot bear the thought that this photo would bring discomfort to some soul or cause an awkward atmosphere among my fellow bloggers who share comments on this blog spot.
WARNING: The following comments may contain graphic images. Do not scroll down if you are faint of heart. (Especially if your name is Elder Biesinger)
P.S. Remember that censorship is bad.
Perhaps I could be more modern (or in other words-risqué) and show a picture of my sister in the shower.
Unfortunately, my bent elbow got in the way of the shot. I know what you were thinking. You were trying to guess which one of my sisters has an insulated...
Or perhaps I could use my 'After' shot from my Weight Watchers 'Before and After' pictures. I lost 50 lbs and I feel great. Sorry ladies (and some guys) I already have a significant other. Eat your heart out, Hugh Jackman.
Let me know.
Love,
Q-dawg
Nice Q-dawg :P
...
Mom and dad, hope you had some great holidays!!!! The pictures are great and mom you look really great!!
Post a Comment