Sunday, November 22, 2009

Korean Kisses!


They made it!


The brave travelers may be weary, but they didn't let that slow them down.




After a short stop at Grandma and Grandpa's to drop off luggage, grab a bite to eat, and catch a few (literally) hours of sleep, we were off to the Traditional Korean Village in Suwon.




Golden clad ground made the perfect setting for this wedding procession.

Talk about lying down on the job...




...but it was well worth it to get this adorable picture.




So many beautiful colors adorned the trees. (We took turns carrying Hannah for several reasons.)




One reason is obvious. She is adorable.
YIKES! What is Heidi doing carrying an infant across that rickety "bridge?"





This photo is for Zy. It is the very rare white-spotted orange Ladybug, commony known as orangeous dotteoblanco. (I may have misspelled that.)





Another reason we all wanted to hold Hannah was that no matter how crowded the bus or subway, people ALWAYS vacated a seat for the one holding the amazing baby.

Hannah is one awesome commuter. Check out the grip on the pole and that very professional stance.

Namdaemun is our next stop after a quick photo moment at the Deoksong Palace.





This Korean guard is not a fierce as he looks. He actually was very friendly. (Notice his arm around Niesha?)





Attention all shoppers! There is a great deal at every shop in Namdaemun. Just watch us find those deals!


No stroller for this baby. She greatly prefered the "baby in arms" method of travel.



The third reason we liked being the one holding Hannah is apparent in this picture. Look at the awe on the faces of these three Koreans. Whenever we stopped walking or even if we didn't, Koreans would gather to look at the adorable white baby with the big blue eyes. They would cluck and smile and poke and stroke. If they knew English, they would ask how old she was, then ooh and aah some more. If they had a camera or cell phone they took pictures or posed with the darling child while their friend took a picture. She was the star of Korea.


It could have rained this day, but didn't, so Zena, Warrior Princess, volunteered to carry the swords...er...umbrellas. (I have a great imagination.) Next, we headed for the Cheongdok Palace with the Secret Gardens. It is my personal favorite.


Many of our tour group had already passed through this beautiful arch. Just as many or more were kindly waiting behind me while I took this picture. People here are very patient.

Just another beautiful picture!


"Hannah, pose for the nice lady!"
This walkway leads to the garden area of the palace.

Oh, by the way, if you hadn't noticed, Hannah brought her mom and Aunt Heidi with her to Korea. Lucky Niesha and Heidi. Hey, lucky Grandma and Grandpa!!!!

Having them here has been a little slice of heaven.


After being told to "milk the baby," Niesha took care of the deed, and then handed the baby off to Heidi for yet another photo shoot.


Here is one last picture of Hannah with her fans.


Sunday included a great meeting at church, Grandma getting to ride in the temple van from church to the Temple (because she was holding the baby,) and eating another delicious meal with the Temple Couples. (Clyde, Niesha and Heidi had to take the subway.^^)


I believe this was another shopping day. At any rate, look at that cute baby. Heidi is pretty cute, too! (Sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you, but cute is cute.)


I am pretty sure this picture was taken at the National Museum of Korea. Whatever the case, this is a picture of the master at work. Putting babies to sleep is his specialty.


Yup, these two Korean girls are heading straight for the baby. But, hey, wouldn't you?

I was actually trying to get a picture of the cute Mothers' room, but got a picture of a cute mother instead.


Everybody needs a break now and then. These subway chairs were the perfect place to rest tired feet. Another cool thing about bringing along a baby is that you have an excuse to take the elevator out of the subway instead of the endless flights of stairs. At least, whenever one is available!


What a wonderful week! But it went way too fast. We are leaving our apartment building and heading for the subway via a busride. But don't worry, the one with the baby gets to sit all the way. ^^


What did I tell you? (Fortunately we were all able to sit this time!)


I think Hannah is sad to leave Korea. What do you think?


"Happy Trails" to you all "until we meet again." We love you.

9 comments:

SBIESI said...

This is probably my favorite blog! I love it!

Biesinger Bunch said...

Babies have that effect on people. We gave Hannah enough hugs and kisses for all of our Grandchildren. I hope she gets a chance to share them.

Jackie and Zy said...

Grandma and Grandpa, I love you so much that I love you out of my heart. -Arella

Grandpa and Grandma I love you. What is it like to be a missionary in Korea? -Suvi

We love to look at the pictures and talk about your mission. Thanks for your pictures. Love, your grandkids.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Jackie and Zy said...

Opps, I spelled CSuvi wrong. The 'C' stands for Cinderella.

Jackie and Zy said...

That's got to be the cutest ladybug I'v ever seen. How did you get it to stop and pose for you?
-Zy

Anonymous said...

Dear Clyde & Susan,
Loved the baby pictures--so nice that Heidi and Niesha could come too. A little Christmas surprise--not much of a surprise really--is on its way. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving; I thought of you as I was eating my Moroni turkey!! Love, Holly

tberculosis said...

Great blogging! Before I got to the part about dad putting babies to sleep, I made a comment to Tine about how dad is the master of holding and putting babies to sleep. :) I'm glad you all had a great time. I can definitely tell who was the star in this blog though, even without all the Koreans she still had a dedicated fan group!

sonnelamatine said...

Wie schön die Bilder sind. I love the autumn colors, the little bug but I enjoyed a lot to see Heidi, Niesha and Hannah in Korea with you.

And Zy's comments they are fun to read :)!!!

Niesha said...

I have finally taken the opportunity to sit and look at blogs. You definitely do a better job than I did.
I'm so grateful that I can read about the trip and relive the fabulous time we had with you.
Thanks, Mom and Dad! We love you!

BTW, Hannah has been a little grumpier since we've been home. I think that she's missing Grandpa (and his pen.)