Sunday, July 20, 2008

Life in the Big City

A beautiful rainy morning in Seoul!

A beautiful telephone pole decorates our way up the
hill to the Mission Office!

Elder Biesinger, unfortunately, has a windowless office, whereas Sister Biesinger has a great window view.
Our apartment entrance is adorned with lilies. They remind me of Lily.

Our entrance is the stairs to the left of the sidewalk.
Elder Biesinger is on his way to the office.

As you can see, our apartment is very narrow,
but it has everything we need in varying degrees of convenience.

Elder Biesinger had to give me instructions as to the proper way to use a handheld shower. I must say after getting the entire bathroom wet the first time or two, I am getting pretty good at it.

Cute bedspread! Cuter computer operator!!

This street is identical to 100s of other streets. I positively identified about four streets as the ONE in which the Elders purchased food for us the night we arrived in Seoul.

Fresh fish means raw fish! You can buy live fish right out of the tank.
They will gut it, cook it, or wrap it on the spot!

12 comments:

Christy said...

Kevin would love all that "fresh fish". Are you having culture shock? It looks like a beautiful place.

Niesha said...

Wow! Gorgeous pictures. I loved talking to you today.
Have you had any moments sharing the gospel? Will you get a chance to? Are you reading your Korean Book of Mormon? Have you made contact with MinJu and her parents?
Br. Kim West, of my ward, went to South Korea on his mission. Back then it was just one mission!

tberculosis said...

Nice pictures! How many times have you two cooked at home now?

Anonymous said...

Dear Elder & Sis. Biesinger,
What wonderful pictures--it has all just left me in tears seeing your surroundings over there--again, Asia is where it's at!!
Seoul looks very Asian and very clean, compared to Manilla & Bangkok. The pictures are great--I can feel the Spirit right through them.
What do they have you doing? What do you do at night?
Believe it or not, Deb & I are making sushi. So if you never hear from me again, you'll know why!
Love, Holly

mkoller said...

These are awsome pictures you can sense the spirit and the happiness from what you share in your blogs.

little bear said...

Just a note to say hi. Little bro.

Lazarus said...

Little Bear/Little Bro,
Are you Little Bear as your blogger name suggests or Little Bro, your signature?

Lazarus said...

I love the hand-held shower. I used to alternate holding the shower head in one hand on one day then the other hand the next day. That way both halves of my body were clean at least once every other day.
It was also nice because I'm a very lazy person and to take a proper hand-held shower you need to sit down. None of this standing the entire time and wasting all that energy. And believe me when I tell you, that cleaning all my nooks and crannies takes a long time and wastes a lot of energy.
My roommate refused to sit in the shower so I had to tread water while brushing my teeth if I didn't beat him to the bathroom every morning.
You've got to love the hand-held.

little bear said...

TO q-dawg, yes! Back Elder and Sis. Biesinger, missing you more with every blog. Little Bear!

linda said...

This is really awsome. This is an experience I always hoped Russ and I could experience.
You have always been great examples of service. You both have helped me in sooooo many ways. You will be missed but what you are doing is so very great. Thanks always for your example.
The pictures and comment are truly remarkable.

Love ya

Bryner Family said...

I found your blog! Looks like you're having a great time. I'm not a fan of fish, so I might have a hard time eating over there! What an amazing experience to be on the other side of the world! We are doing well here. Ben just got called as a High Councilman two weeks ago! He feels much too young for that but I think he'll do great. We'll be keeping tabs on you now, so keep the blog updated! :)

Naomi Bass said...

It looks like you are very happy and adjusting well. It is so green and lush there. Clyde looks really tall in the photos.
We are having a staff meeting Wednesday morning at 8:00 a.m. We will be having breakfast at the meeting.
Sorry you will miss it.
Oh, Rosemary is getting married Aug 16th and her last day at work is Aug 9th.