Thursday, March 18, 2010

Still Snapping Photos




These cute winter "creatures" playfully greet us as we walk to the office each morning.










Imagine the hours it must take to carefully wrap each branch in rice straw every winter.










The straw attracts insects into its clutches where they die, thus protecting the plants and trees from their fierce mandibles.










This is an artist's rendition of the famous "turtle" ships of Korea. It is created using very old televisions, radios, cameras, record players, telephones, and other communication media.










This is the head of the "turtle" rising at least 20 meters high.










This very wide "sidewalk" is actually the south end of Gwanghwamun Plaza. It runs down the center of a twelve lane highway.








I just love this early morning view from the plaza.












Koreans really know how to catch one's eye.










Is this a warning to people who struggle with heights?










Sometimes you don't need to speak Korean to figure out what a store is selling. This store entrance says it all.










Hmmm? This store front, also, says a mouthful.










I have been looking all over for one of these. The grandchildren will love it. Unfortuantely, Elder Biesinger won't let me bring it home.










This gizmo runs down the middle of the street with no particular purpose that I can see. It just looks cool.






If you have trouble finding parking in seoul, never fear, there is always the sidewalk.







No blog is complete without food pictures. Mr. Pizza not only loves women. He, also, knows how to throw a pizza.








Mr. Pizza, also, serves a wonderful blueberryade!




I was trying to get a picture of the "Hi Seoul, Soul of Asia." A man standing next to me noticed, and told the man in the seat in front of the advertisement to move so I could get a better shot. Sweet, huh? (The thumbs are actually very cute, too!)






This is such a phenomenon!




I just had to get a movie of this totally empty bus. (Except, of course, for the driver, Elder Biesinger and me.)




7 comments:

Meek Family said...

Wow! I think that my favorite had to be the empty bus. That is an ama*zi*ng *si*te-+!
X 9is no*w h-elp*ing -me to type this~*++!

Niesha said...

"Wow, I really miss you guys! I'm excited to be sending Noah. And I wish I were coming as well.

Anonymous said...

Well, I am somewhat back. We have moved Scott and Britt and the three kids in several weeks ago and now will move them out this week. Have had some extra babysitting duty as well and this and that and the other. So it is a hairy time. But enjoyed the last batch of photos so much. I think it is interesting, the way other people do things. I get so set in my ways. These photos strike me as another person's perspective. So am I missing something? Hmm, not with you guys around to take pictures of it. It widens my day. Thanks so much. Finished my second family history class up today; rather my second group of surviving my nine lessons or so. Will start another in two weeks or so. Lots of people to help in between and to start on some new research of my own. Take care. Love, Holly

sonnelamatine said...

Seems Koreans are very talented and creative. I like the idea to wrap the plants and trees and make them look like little creatures. Sweet.
The turtle is my favorite. That must have been so much fun to gather the old TVs, radios together and make art out of it!!!
The "VERTIGO" house remembered me on the movie from Sir Alfred Hitchcock :).
And the empty buss is fun to see.
Have a wonderful time over there,

eure tine#

Q-dawg said...

Elder Biesinger, if you let Sister Biesinger bring home the cute toilet which is also very beautifully colored in yellow and green, it won't matter how well the grandkids aim because all the misses will be camouflaged. (Niesha, did I spell that right?)

Unknown said...

I love that you take time to find so much joy in each day. I should start taking pictures of my everyday for you. Although you might get tired of seeing my somewhat clean kitchen and Teylas raggamuffin (sp) hair. Although she did make me some heart shaped eggs this morning :D

Niesha said...

The kids and I were looking at your blog. We came to the end video of the empty bus and Peter said, "Play that one, one more time." He has cute interests.